Have you ever wondered what to do with with the contents of your recycle bin in order to re use as much as possible? Take a look through my little blog. I hope it inspires you. Please feel free to use any of my ideas but please link back to me if you do.
Friday, 11 October 2013
Carved bone
This is to be an ongoing project as it is very verrrrrry hard to
carve. I have managed to rough out the flower and will gradually add
more detail when I can spare the time. This piece took me four hours of
hard carving to get it to this stage yesterday. If you attempt this
it is really important to keep your chisels really sharp and remember
that the bone will take the edge of the chisels after only a couple of
passes. I got my bone from our local butcher but I understand that you
can buy clean and sterilised bones at the 'pet superstores'. These
sterile bones are intended for dogs but take a huge amount of work out
of the carving process as it takes several hours to clean and sterilise a
bone before it is fit to carve
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment