Made from a Sainsbury's carrier bag

Pages

Wednesday, 14 March 2018

Discovering new crafts.

Now when I say 'new crafts'. In truth, to me it was a new one. Until a few months ago I had never even heard of  'punch needle embroidery'..
Anyway. I bought a set of the needles and last night I gave it a try.. I am finding that the yarn I am using tends to shred in the needle after a while. I need to keep trimming the end and re threading. If anyone has tried this before and can suggest a non shredding yarn that I might try I would really appreciate it.   Here in all its glory is my first attempt at it

Ta daaaaaaaaaa 


I have used a scrap piece of stretch denim but I do have some 'weavers cloth' to use once I have practised a little bit more. This craft would make perfect little rugs for doll houses. It is very textural and I have found it really easy to get away with

1 comment:

  1. What a fun hobby Cherie, it must be frustrating to have the yarn shred. I hope you get some great suggestions.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete