Have you ever wondered what to do with with the contents of your recycle bin in order to re use as much as possible? Take a look through my little blog. I hope it inspires you. Please feel free to use any of my ideas but please link back to me if you do.
Sunday, 20 July 2014
Kitchen makeover
Our kitchen has needed a makeover for a long time. I hate to see anything wasted and the cupboards are good and sturdy so it would have been a real shame to just rip them all out. I thought I would try my hand at decoupage. I made my own chalk paint using emulsion mixed with calcium carbonate (bought the CC from ebay) It took a few coats to cover the oak veneer. The panels are simply wallpaper from B and Q. It hasnt been sealed yet as I only finished it a couple of hours ago. Tip learnt from other decoupagers.... use a water based clear acrylic varnish to seal it. I bought mine from Wickes over in Portrack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment